Tags

, , , ,

Well, this is my first project using the new trendy tape I purchased recently. I think they turned out pretty snazzy! I actually used smash tape on one and trendy tape on the other–so here is the first one using the trendy tape:

I first covered a piece of acetate with the tape and then ran it through my big shot using my butterfly die. I used acetate so you couldn’t tell it was on a surface other than the tape itself. I decided I wanted it to look like a pressed butterfly mounted for display — like a collection, so I adhered the butterflies on a piece of linen texture white cardstock and made up a Latin-like name which I wrote on a place card piece I cut out using the linen CS. I distressed all of the edges of the linen CS with my black chalk ink. I glued that to the bottom as a label for my pressed/preserved butterflies :). I then used a sheet of acetate to cover the card front as my “glass”. I attached that with two brads on the top and left the bottom free floating. Here are a few pictures of the process:

the acetate covered in trendy tape–ready for the cutting process

A picture of the cut butterflies using the smash tape

Another angle of the pressed butterfly card

The completed smash tape card

I used the tape to free cut a small banner which I “draped” on the top left corner. I then put a piece of tape on a strip of orange linen cardstock and used a striped texture plate to give it some dimension. Stamped my greeting next and then adhered the butterflies using a quick dry glue. I even did a tiny one on the banner.

Hope this gives you a few ideas of something else to do with your trendy tapes!

Have a fabulous day!

Kyra

About these ads